Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
400 grams boneless chicken leg, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 teaspoons garlic paste
1½ teaspoons ginger paste
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1½ tablespoons oil
¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
½ tablespoon gram flour (besan)
2 tablespoons Kashmiri red chilli paste
½ cup yogurt
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 tablespoon mustard oil
4 tablespoons coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 black cardamom
7 green cardamoms
20-25 black peppercorns
2 dried red chillies
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1 cup tomato puree
1½ teaspoons coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
¼ cup cashew nut paste
1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 large green capsicum, cut into cubes
1 large tomato, deseeded and cut into cubes
1 large onion, cut into cubes
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon dried fenugreek powder (kasoori methi)
¼ cup grated khoya
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons honey
2-3 tablespoons fresh cream
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add garlic paste, ginger paste, salt and lemon juice, mix well and set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add carom seeds and gram flour, mix and sauté on low heat for 1-2 minutes or till fragrant.
3. Transfer the sautéed ingredients in another bowl. Add chilli paste, yogurt, garam masala powder, chilli flakes, mustard oil and salt and whisk well.
4. Add marinated chicken pieces and mix well. Refrigerate to marinate again for 1 hour.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in another non-stick pan. Place marinated chicken pieces and sear on high heat for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook for 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or till chicken is done. This is chicken tikka.
6. To prepare kadai masala, coarsely grind together coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black cardamom, green cardamoms, black peppercorns and torn dried red chillies. Transfer in another bowl.
7. To prepare gravy, heat oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
8. Add chopped onions and sauté on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or till golden brown.
9. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté on low heat for 5 minutes. Add tomato puree, mix, reduce heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
10. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, green cardamom powder and garam masala powder, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
11. Add cashew nut paste and mix. Add chilli powder and 1 tablespoon kadai masala and mix well.
12. Add capsicum cubes, tomato cubes and onion cubes and mix. Add 1 cup water, mix and bring the mixture to boil.
13. Add butter and dried fenugreek powder and mix. Add chicken tikka, khoya and 1 cup water, mix, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
14. Add coriander leaves, salt and honey and mix. Add cream and mix well.
15. Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot with butter naan.
1 tablespoon butter
3 cups refined flour (maida) + for coating
1½ teaspoons baking powder
Salt to taste + as required
2 teaspoons castor sugar
1 cup milk
Melted butter for brushing
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and castor sugar in a parat. Add butter, mix and knead adding milk gradually. Add very little water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into small equal portions. Coat them with some flour and roll out into semi-thick oval sheet.
3. Place a pressure cooker inverted directly on flames and let it heat.
4. Take salt in a small bowl. Add some water and mix.
5. Place the hot cooker on the worktop and apply some salt water on the inside using a tissue paper.
6. Apply some water on one side of each sheet and stick on the inside of the hot cooker, place it inverted again on flames and cook for 5-7 minutes or till golden brown specks appear on the outer side.
7. Brush some melted butter on each naan and serve hot with chicken tikka.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor