Chicken pieces marinated in spicy tikka masala grilled to perfection and used creatively with other fresh ingredients to make this interesting salad.
CHICKEN TIKKA SALAD
500 gms boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
4 tbsps thick yogurt
1½ tsps red chilli paste
2 tsps ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp almonds, blanched and peeled
Salt to taste
½ tsp garam masala powder
Juice of ½ lemon
Oil for grilling
1 spring onion bulb
6-7 fresh basil leaves
15-20 fresh mint leaves
4-5 Iceberg lettuce leaves
6-7 lollo rosso lettuce leaves
⅓ cup tomato juice
2 tsps mustard paste
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1. Take yogurt in a bowl. Add red chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste.
2. Toast almonds till lightly browned.
3. Add salt, garam masala powder and lemon juice to the yogurt and mix well. Add chicken pieces and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 4 hours.
4. Transfer toasted almonds in another bowl and cool to room temperature.
5. Heat some oil in a non-stick grill pan. Place marinated chicken pieces on it and grill till the chicken is fully cooked.
6. To make salad, diagonally slice spring onion bulb and place in a bowl. Roughly chop basil leaves and add alongwith mint leaves. Tear Iceberg and lollo rosso lettuce leaves and add.
7. To make dressing, take tomato juice in a bowl. Add mustard paste, Balsamic vinegar, salt, olive oil and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
8. Remove chicken tikka from heat and cut further into smaller pieces.
9. Add dressing and some of the chicken pieces to the salad and toss well.
10. Transfer the salad on a serving plate, garnish with remaining chicken pieces and toasted almonds and serve immediately.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor