Mushrooms and green peas cooked in a south Indian coconut masala
MUSHROOM MATAR IN COCONUT MASALA
1 cup quartered mushrooms
1 cup frozen green peas (matar)
3 tbsps coconut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
6-7 curry leaves
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 tsps ginger-garlic paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 tsps tamarind pulp
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 cup scraped fresh coconut
4 dried red chillies
1. Dry roast coriander seeds in a non-stick pan. Add coconut and continue to roast till fragrant. Switch off the heat, cool and grind with dried red chilli and 2 tbsps water to a smooth paste.
2. Heat coconut oil in a deep non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and onions and sauté till onions become translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
3. Add mushrooms and turmeric powder and mix well. Add ½ cup water and mix well. Add salt and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add ground paste and mix well. Add green peas and tamarind pulp and mix well. Continue to cook till the gravy thickens.
5. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor