Cupcake flavoured with orange and served with red wine frosting.
ORANGE CUPCAKE WITH RED WINE FROSTING
Zest of 1 orange
¼ cup orange juice
1 cup butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup refined flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Fresh blueberries for garnishing
Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
1 cup red wine
¼ cup castor sugar
1 cup butter
½ cup icing sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Place individual cupcake moulds on a baking tray and line them with paper cupcake cases.
2. Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl using an electric beater.
3. Break in an egg and whisk. Break in another egg and add orange zest and whisk well.
4. Sieve together flour and baking powder in the mixture and fold well. Add orange juice and mix well.
5. Fill a piping bag with prepared batter and pipe out into lined cupcake moulds filling ¾ of it.
6. Put the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
7. Heat red wine in a non-stick pan. Add castor sugar, mix and cook till it reduces to syrup consistency. Remove from heat and cool.
8. Cream together butter and icing sugar in another bowl. Add vanilla essence and mix. Add some reduced red wine and mix well.
9. Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with frosting and pipe on top of cupcakes.
10. Serve garnished with fresh blueberries and mint sprigs.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor