Strawberry Crumble Bars are the perfect treat for spring and summer, with a buttery crust, soft strawberry filling inside and a crunchy crumble on top.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 9 servings
3/4 cup (95) all-purpose flour
1 cup (100g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
10 oz (300g) fresh strawberries
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1 tbsp (8g) cornstarch
Zest from a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it’s set.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter and vanilla and stir until combined and crumbly. Set aside about 1 cup.
3. Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan.
4. Cut strawberries in small pieces and place into a bowl. Add sugar, lemon zest and cornstarch and toss to coat. Spread the strawberries over the crust.
5. Sprinkle the reserved cup of crumb mixture over the strawberries.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Background music https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/chameleon_56858