Slow Cooker Beer Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe
The slow cooker is about convenience. Each time I use my slow cooker and relish the mouthwatering results I promise myself to utilize it more frequently. Then set them aside as you get the pan ready. I really like its circular form. Short ribs typically come with quite a little fat, and although you can trim a number of this off before cooking I prefer not to, as it insulates the meat and keeps it moist and tender whilst cooking. The very first thing you ought to do is sear the short ribs to lock in those flavors and sear a few of that fat so that it crisps up a little. Beer braised short ribs aren’t fussy.
Shallots must be minced finely. You will have a delicious sauce. This recipe will do the job nicely with pork ribs too, so cook up some deliciousness my pals! I will say now this isn’t a fast recipe, braising meat takes a very long time, you’ve got to slowly cook the meat until it falls off the bone. This Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe is just one of my all-time favourite dishes.
There’s just a few primary ingredients involved with minimal preparation. We want all that flavor from the base of the panman. This leads to a far better flavor in the last outcome.
Use a whisk to scrape the base of the pan. Add in onion and sautee 2-3 minutes. Leave me a comment and don’t neglect to explain the article with family members and friends. Just take a little time to center yourself.
A little goes a ways. This will allow the meat relax a small bit, but nevertheless, it will also permit the fat to rise to the cover of the cooking liquid. Since it tastes different. You won’t be disappointed. You have to make this as soon as possible. It may seem like an annoying additional step, but it’s well worth the excess time and energy! Most places will provide a flight so that you can sample without commitment.
Grab a few carrots. Stir them around And cook them for a couple of minutes, until the veggies begin to soften. You have to go and prevent eet. Set the ribs back in the pot and heat through. Drain off any extra fat. Hands down my preferred comfort meal. At this time just skim the surplus fat off the top and lessen the cooking liquid, if necessary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
These short ribs are tender, juicy and fall right off the bone! They’re the perfect easy weeknight meal for your busy family.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs. bone in short ribs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 12 oz. your favorite craft beer (IPA, lager, porter, amber, etc.)
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear short ribs in batches, cooking them for 1-2 minutes on each side until a dark golden brown crust forms. Remove ribs from pan and set aside.
- Remove ribs and set aside. Add onion, carrot, celery and a large pinch of salt and pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add smashed garlic, sage and thyme. Cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Transfer veggies to the slow cooker insert. Add seared beef ribs.
- Then add beer, beef broth, bay leaves and another couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours) until the beef falls off the bone and shreds easily.
- This is a great time to make those mashed potatoes, grits, or mac and cheese.
- Remove three cups of braising liquid from the slow cooker and pour it through a strainer and into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons cold water until dissolved. Add that to the sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Simmer braising liquid over medium to medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until it thickens significantly (and almost seems TOO thick). Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef and gravy alongside my super easy garlic mashed potatoes and ENJOY!